Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday - lightweight quilt

I had a few hours of unscheduled time on Saturday, and looked around my house to see what I could get done, got overwhelmed, and started a sewing project instead ;). I did end up getting a lot of housework done eventually, but first I played with my wool :).
My comforters are too warm for the summer, but a sheet just isn't enough, so I decided to make a lightweight merino quilt for the bed. I need 90 8 1/2" squares to make it the size I want, and I cut 44 of them today, so i'm off to a good start. Hopefully I can finish it before it gets cold again, so I can use it this year!


One of the sweaters had perfect cuffs for cozies for my son's water bottle. It is felted, and was the perfect size, so I didn't have to sew a thing, just cut them off and slip them on!



This quilt will be a work in progress for a while, so i'll keep you all updated!

What have you been working on?

1 comment:

Charla OBrien said...

I have a felted wool quilt that I am going to re work for my daughter. I am taking the satin trim off and am going to hand stitch decorative stitches at joining steams and edges. Also have lots of squares to piece into another quilt. I recently decided to work from home instead of outside the home so am looking forward to having more creative time!